Have you ever wonder why there are so many people suffering from anxiety, autoimmune diseases, chronic medical conditions, depression, psychosomatic pains, and sleep disorders. There is compiling evidence about the negative effects of our lifestyle on our mental and physical health. More than 5% of Americans take sleeping pills, a staggering 20% of people suffer from autoimmune disorders, unfortunately, the figures go from bad to worse for other medical conditions. The Prescription drugs and other treatments fail to solve the problem. During the last decade, mindfulness meditation and mindfulness training have been used as a novel approach to several medical conditions. The growing evidence of the mindfulness benefits for the personal wellbeing has made it popular as prescribed treatment especially when used with healing crystals.
What is mindfulness meditation?
Mindfulness meditation is a general name that encompasses a large group of techniques, in which the person focuses his awareness or attention on any particular object and the present moment for 10 to 30 minutes.
In a paper published on 2008 by Chavan, reported the mindfulness beneficial effects on human health. Mindfulness Buddhism developed from a Buddhist practice called VIPASSANA, which can be translated as “to see in a special way” or “to see things as they really are”. According to clinical studies, the average duration for getting the health mindfulness benefits is only about 10 to 15 minutes twice a day.
What does mindfulness Buddhism Teach?
Mindfulness Buddhism teaches to be aware of the present moment, your surrounding environment, what you are listening and saying, and the reactions you are experiencing during the day. By doing it you will notice how your mind endless inner conversation decreases, and you start thinking better and clearer.
The main goal of the mindfulness training is to improve the individual mental processes to reach a higher level of consciousness. It produces a cognitive improvement, pain reduction, and an inner state of self-satisfaction and well-being that certainly justify any step needed. The mindfulness meditation is not related to any faith or beliefs system. It only provides some easy to follow and free of charge techniques and observations, to be able to enjoy a fulfill life and become more efficient and productive in each of your daily tasks.
Mindfulness-based therapy has been used for more than 20 years in the US. Evidence-based medical researchers have demonstrated its effectiveness as a treatment for hundreds of mental disorders and medical conditions after analyzing the clinical studies. In response to the growing evidence for the positive effects on the individual well-being, numerous medical schools have created a department devoted to studying the Mindfulness-based therapies benefits, such as the University of Wisconsin Center for Investigating Healthy Minds.
Mindfulness Psychology for Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
The American Medical Association, JAMA Internal Medicine Medical Journal, published on February 2015, a study in which a group of patients suffering from chronic insomnia and sleep disorders, were taught how to practice mindfulness to be used as the only treatment for their conditions. It found that they reported less insomnia, fatigue, and depression.
What is the Mindfulness Proven Health Benefits?
- Increased of the brain gray matter volume on senior citizens.
- Improvement of the immune response
- Decreased and control of anxiety disorders
- Stress reduction
- Eliminate chronic fatigue
- Eliminate psychophysiological insomnia
- Improve sleep disorders
- Improve the fibromyalgia pains
- Improvement of the physiotherapy results
- Increase memory
- Mental and cognitive improvement.
- Improve and prevent recurrent depression
- Prevention of recurrence of major depression
How to Practice Mindfulness?
Practicing mindfulness only requires some of your spare time during the day and follows some observations to get faster and better results. You don’t need to pay for anything, but the results benefits in your life and wellbeing worth thousands of dollars.
- Take a seat and find a relaxed position, the optimal is a peaceful and quiet place. However, it is not required. You can practice mindfulness meditation in any place, on the metro, bus, or even in the middle of a rock concert, as long as you want it.
- Set your alarm for the desired duration of 5 to 30 minutes.
- Close your eyes; this will help you to decrease your sensory stimulation.
- Take three slow and deep breaths. You can breathe in through your nose, hold it, and breathe out through your nose, trying to count until 5 for each part of the breathing cycle.
- Focus your entire attention on your belly button, feel how it moves every time you breathe in and out.
- If you feel any discomfort, pain, or tension, concentrate on the affected area and imagine that blood is flowing to the area and removing any discomfort.
- Imagine a very shining light around you, and every time you breathe in through your nose, it enters your body. The energy flows to your feet travel across you organism erasing any possible disease, and finally, it concentrates on your head. While breathing out through your mouth imagine a dark color energy is expelled from your body every time you breathe out. Visualize that this dark color energy carries all your malfunctioning cells and any medical condition, or any problem your body may have is been healed. Repeat this cycle 25 times. Please, notice that you need to breathe normally, if by any chance you feel dizzy, slow down your breathing speed or stop this step.
- Stop thinking in any color or energy, breathe normally.
- Focus your attention on your chest. You must breathe in and out through your nose. Visualize how your chest moves, while you are breathing normally.
- Do not worry if you are experiencing racing thoughts, or any part of your body is itching. If thoughts cross your mind, just ignore them, and if you need to scratch or move do it while maintaining your awareness on your chest for the rest of the Meditation time.
Using Healing Crystals and Healing Bracelets
Buddhism believes that the universe is made of small vibrating particles; these particles can be transformed into energy and into any physical object (Similar concept for matter structure proposed by Quantum Physics). Buddhism affirms that the mind has the power to concentrate and redirect this primordial energy, to create the reality, and it can alter or modify any current state of the matter.
As a result, Buddhist monks consider that holding healing crystals and healing bracelets during a mindfulness meditation increases the energy influx and accelerate its healing potential on the individual, who is holding them in his hands.
Furthermore, this primordial energy is accumulated on those crystals and it can be absorbed by the carrier body during the day. The more contact you have with healing crystals and healing bracelets, the more aware you will be of the present moment and the enormous amount of energy surrounding you. Using healing crystals and healing bracelets may help you to get the health mindfulness benefits better and faster.
The placebo effect is just a small portion of your true inner power. Mindfulness is the best, cheapest, easiest and safest medical therapy you may ever need. Its efficacy has been proven, Now is your turn to try and receive all the mindfulness benefits.